If you want all the entire infection control quiz Click here.
6. The proper sequence of precautions for taking care of a pt on Infection Control Precautions are as follows :
1) Wash hands upon completion
2). Care for pt
3). Don mask/gown/gloves
4). Enter Room
5). Remove mask/gown/gloves
7. What type of precaution is used with persons that have Cytomegalovirus
A. Standard precautions
B. Contact precautions
C. Droplet precautions
D. Airborne precautions
8. What illness/disease process requires the use of disposable dishware according to the center for disease control guidelines? Choose all that apply:
B. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
D. Chicken pox
9. What are the symptoms of Acinetobacter infection caused by pneumonia? Check all that apply:
F. Runny Nose
10. When caring for someone on “Contact Isolation”. The following is true. 2 part answers must be entirely correct. Check all that apply:
1. Wear gloves for all contact with the patient, the patient's bedside
equipment, and the patient's environment.
a. Change gloves between distinctive tasks (e.g. wound care, perineal
b. Gloves must always be removed before leaving the room.
2. Wear a disposable gown for direct contact with the patient or the
environment if the patient is incontinent, or has diarrhea or a
a. Gowns are removed and placed in a special container for next use.
b. Cloth gowns may be substituted if there is no risk of splash
3. As per Standard Precautions, wear a mask and protective eyewear
when performing procedures that generate aerosols (Standard
Place your answers in the comments.
[ click here for more seminar information ]
6). Is correct
I was incorrect when I said 7). was wrong the answer is A. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) (from the Greek cyto-, "cell", and -megalo-, "large") is a viral genus of the Herpesviruses group: in humans it is commonly known as HCMV or Human Herpesvirus 5 (HHVTransmission of HCMV occurs from person to person through bodily fluids. Infection requires close, intimate contact with a person excreting the virus in their saliva, urine, or other bodily fluids. CMV can be sexually transmitted and can also be transmitted via breast milk, transplanted organs, and rarelyfrom blood transfusions. Standards precautions are recommended by the CDC.
8). Is half correct. There is one other.
9). Correct if you dropped D. It should not be in the answer.
10). Is Correct